Better than glamping!
Stay in a real off-grid Tiny Home and discover what is it like to live simply in comfort. Designed and built by Andy Gill and Katy Fox (occasional writer for Permaculture Magazine) this hut was their permanent residence for over 3 years. Praised by Lloyd Khan on his Shelter Blog and featured in the book “Tiny Homes made from Reclaimed Materials” our unique hut is now tucked away in the top corner of a meadow overlooking our nature reserve and with extensive views down the peaceful wooded valley towards the sunset.
Undisturbed by the rest of the campsite you can almost forget the rest of the world exists – just sit back and lose track of time in this tranquil haven.
Staying in the hut is like living in a wildlife hide; you can just watch the birds just a few feet away whilst you lie in bed or do the washing up!
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” – Leonardo de Vinci
High quality super-king sized bed. Please bring all your own bedding, linen and towels. There is a mattress protector and fitted sheet for you.
Fully off-grid solar electrics including lights, pumped water, 240V power socket and USB charger
Itemised list of what is included at your Tiny Home:
- Outside Kitchen with 2 ring gas hob, recycling bins.
- Kettle and Bread Bin.
- Inside Kitchen area: 4 mugs, coffee pot and tea pot. 3 bowls, 3 small plates,3 large plates. various kitchen knives, can opener, bottle opener, stack of plastic food boxes. Chopping board. 3 saucepans 1 frying pan colander and cutlery.
- 2 Gin glasses, 2 champagne glasses, 2 small tumblers and a wine cooler.
- Washing up liquid hand soap and hand sanitiser.
- DAB radio and weather station. Various books.
- Wood burner with kindling and logs provided
Please bring with you:
- Bedding and linen
- Tea towels
- Shower towels
This unique off grid hut, the only one of its kind available to rent in the UK, has the following features:
- All round sheep’s wool insulation
- Light, airy and spacious
- French doors, stable door and lots of windows all with black-out blinds
- Loads of storage space and hanging wardrobe
- Outside deck, seating and fire bowl (firewood provided)
- Fully stocked kitchen and covered outside cooking area
- Private toilet
- Books, local maps and games.
Available for week long bookings or short breaks minimum 3 nights. See Prices and Availability.
“A little piece of Heaven. So peaceful and private. The Tiny Home is beautiful and lovingly designed and built by Katy and Andy who lived in it for 3 years. It is very special to stay here; views across the valley to lush green woodland with no signs of human habitation. We spent hours soaking up the tranquil atmosphere, looking at the sky and watching the birds. It was so quiet on the first night I could hear my own heart beat!”